TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
HULETTS SWEET YOUNG CHEF 2017 in partnership with The South African Chefs Association (SACA)
- The Promoter is Tongaat Hulett Sugar (Pty) Ltd (“The Promoter”).
- This competition is open from 5 June 2017 and closes on 20 July 2017. No late entries will be accepted.
- This competition is open to all students from across South Africa, aged 18 to 25 years, who can showcase the endless possibilities of baking and cooking with sugar. Participating students and schools must be members of SA Chefs.
- To enter: Submit one original recipe, photograph and costing of an innovative dessert that utilises at least three (3) products in the Huletts range. The dessert must consist of at least 5 components.
a. Email your recipe and photograph, along with your contact details and the name of the culinary school that you attend to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: HULETTS SWEET YOUNG CHEF.
- The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotional competition that may result in an entry not being successfully received. Unclear or illegible entries will be declared invalid. The cost incurred by the entrant to enter this competition (i.e. ingredients cost) is solely for the account of the entrant and The Promoter will not be liable for any refund whatsoever.
- A judging panel of SA Chefs accredited judges, along with Huletts representatives, will select 4 finalists from all entries received. Selections will be based on merit as judged by the judges at their sole discretion.
- The 4 finalists will be informed on the 24th July and will be requested to attend InfoChef in August 2017. The finals will be held at INFOCHEF and the finalists will have 2½ hours to recreate their recipes, and produce 4 plates.
a. The Promoter will cover travel costs of finalists to and from Infochef as well as the cost of ingredients.
- A judging panel of SA Chefs accredited judges, along with Huletts representatives, will select 1 winner. Selection will be based on merit as judged by the judges at their sole discretion.
- The winner will receive R7,500.00 cash and will be featured in SA Chef Magazine. The winner’s school will receive Huletts product to the value of R4,000.00.
- Prizes are non-transferable. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The Promoter reserves the right to feature/share entries as received (i.e. recipes and pictures), with credit to developer, on their social media platforms (Huletts website and Facebook pages) for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being made payable.
- The Promoter shall have the right to terminate the competition immediately and without notice for any reason beyond its control requiring this. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of this promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against The Promoter, its agents and staff.
- Participation in the competition constitutes acceptance of the competition rules and entrants agree to abide by the rules except in so far as is provided for in the Act 68 of 2008, the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.