Sticky Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients125 g Soft Butter
185 g Huletts Treacle Sugar
4 Extra Large Eggs, lightly beaten
250 g Self-raising Flour
5 ml (1 tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda
30 ml (2 tbsp) Cocoa (mixed with 30 ml water)
125 g Dates, finely chopped
300 ml Boiling Water
100 g Chocolate Chips
- Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the beaten eggs, a little at a time. Sift the flour and fold in.
- 2. Mix the bicarbonate of soda and cocoa water mixture together. Pour over the dates in a bowl. Pour the boiling water over. Stir and leave to cool a little.
- 3. Add to the creamed mixture and fold in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be runny.
- Pour the mixture into a 23 cm round loose-bottomed cake tin, which has been lined with a double thickness of greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 180°C for approximately 75 minutes, or until springy to the touch.