500 ml (2 cups) Huletts Castor Sugar
4 Large Eggs
250 ml (1 cup) Oil
5 ml (1 tsp) Vanilla Essence
750 ml (3 cups) Flour, sifted
15 ml (1 tbsp) Baking Powder
250 ml (1 cup) Milk
Desiccated Coconut, for coating
500 ml (2 cups) Huletts White Sugar
250 ml (1 cup) Hot Water
45 ml (3 tbsp) Cocoa Powder
15 ml (1 tbsp) Butter OR Margarine
- Whisk the castor sugar and eggs in a mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the oil and vanilla essence, and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder to the mixture alternatively with the milk.
- Pour the creamed mixture into a greased oven tray and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares.
- Heat the sugar, cocoa, butter and water until bubbly.
- Allow to cool, then dip the sponge squares into the sauce and roll in the coconut.