Buttermilk Bran Rusks
Makes 7–8 dozen rusks
- Melt the butter, oil and sugar in a saucepan and allow to cool. Beat well until thick.
- Beat in the eggs one by one, then beat in the buttermilk. Add all the dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Pour the mixture into two loaf tins or one large roasting tin lined with oiled greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 180°C for 1 hour. Turn out, and leave to cool. Cut into rusks.
- Allow to dry overnight in the oven warmer draw or reduce the oven temperature to 100°C and leave for 4–6 hours to dry completely. Store in an airtight container.