Canadian Bacon & Corn Pancake
¾ cup milk
- Combine milk, melted butter, and egg in one bowl. Stir in corn and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in separate bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- Oil pancake griddle. Place half the bacon slices far apart on griddle and brown on one side.
- Pour corn mixture into flour mixture and stir briefly to moisten.
- Turn bacon over.
- Ladle 2 heaping tablespoons batter over each bacon slice to fully cover. Cook pancakes over medium-high heat until air bubbles form on the top.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until nicely browned.
- Repeat for rest of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup and Sauteed Apples.
For the Sauteed Apples:
- Melt butter in medium-sized skillet.
- Add apple slices and saute over medium heat 7-8 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, and maple syrup and heat through.