Chocolate Coffee Cake - a mocha delight!
Makes one (double layer) cake.
375ml (1½ cups) cake flour
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the egg yolks and the remaining ingredients together for 3 minutes.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the mixture
- Divide the mixture evenly between two greased 20cm diameter round cake pans. Bake at 190°C for 20 minutes, or until when pressed with a finger the cake springs back.
- Turn out on to wire rack to cool completely before icing with a coffee flavoured butter icing.