Chocolate Fridge Cake
Ingredients125 ml ( ½ cup) Butter, melted
30 ml (2 tbsp) Cocoa
375 ml (1 ½ cups) Huletts Icing Sugar
5 ml (1 tsp) Vanilla Essence
3 ml ( ½ tsp) Ground Cinnamon
5 ml (1 tsp) Instant Coffee
1 Egg, separated
1 packet Marie Biscuits
125 ml ( ½ cup) Whipped Cream
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the cocoa and the icing sugar.
- Add the vanilla essence, cinnamon, coffee and lightly beaten egg yolk to the mixture and beat thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Grease a 23 cm round cake tin and line it with greaseproof paper. Arrange a layer of biscuits on the bottom of the tin and cover with a layer of the chocolate mixture.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture is used. End with a layer of biscuits.
- Place in the freezer until firm, then turn out.
- Whip the cream and spread over the top of the cake, then serve.