Coconut Jam Squares
90 g (6 tbsp) Margarine
125 ml ( ½ cup) Huletts White Sugar
250 ml (1 cup) Flour
3 ml ( ½ tsp) Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
125 ml ( ½ cup) Jam (of your choice)
85 ml (⅔ cup) Huletts White Sugar
500 ml (2 cups) Coconut
- Make the topping first: beat the eggs lightly, then beat in the sugar and coconut. Set aside until needed.
- To make the base, cream the margarine, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Spread the mixture into a greased baking tin approximately 28 cm x 18 cm.
- Spread with the jam and cover evenly with the coconut topping.
- Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes. The coconut topping should be golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin, then cut into squares when cold.