Cup Cakes Seasons Recipes
Oven temperature: 200°C
Makes approximately 24 fairy cakes
- Place paper cookie cases on a baking sheet or in muffin tins.
- Cream the margarine and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add essence and eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and salt alternately with milk.
- Spoon mixture into paper cases until three-quarters full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Replace 65 ml of the self raising flour with cocoa to make a chocolate version.
- Cup cakes may be iced and decorated with a variety of small sweets as desired.
- To make butterfly cakes, cut a thin slice from the tip of each cup cake, and cut the slice in half down the centre. Place a small spoon of beaten cream on top of cup cake and place cut tops on cream to resemble wings, and dust with icing sugar.