Easy Swiss Roll
Ingredients4 extra large eggs, separated
187 ml (¾C) HULETTS Castor Sugar
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
187ml (¾C) cake flour
5ml (1t) baking powder
2 ml (¼t) salt
Smooth jam, any flavour
- Beat the egg yolks, gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites with the salt until stiff but not dry.
- Fold the beaten egg whites gently into the batter with a metal spoon.
- Line a 23cm x 32cm Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper. Grease well and pour the batter into tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180ºC for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn out immediately onto a damp cloth sprinkled with HULETTS Castor Sugar.
- Peel off paper, spread with warm jam and roll.
- Leave Swiss roll to cool in tea towel.
- Dust lightly with HULETTS Icing Sugar before serving.