Everyone's Favourite Fairy Cakes
Makes approximately 24 fairy cakes
250g Butter OR Margarine
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add one egg at a time, adding a tablespoon of flour and beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the remaining flour, alternating with the milk, to form a medium soft dropping consistency.
- Half fill cupcake cases, place each in a muffin tin well and bake at 180°C for 10–12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Replace the 65ml of self-raising flour with cocoa to make chocolate fairy cakes.
- The cupcakes may be iced and decorated with a variety of small sweets if desired.
- You can also prepare butterfly cakes by using fresh cream and a jam of your choice.
- Use your imagination – decorate with silver balls, vermicelli and 100s & 1000s.