Ghotaab - Iran
2 medium eggs
- Separate egg-yolks and mix well with baking powder, cooking oil and yogurt.
- Add flour gradually while stirring the mix. Pour the dough in a plastic bag and leave for 1-2 hours.
- Peel and ground almonds. Mix well with sugar and cardamom powder.
- Spread some flour on a table-top. Make orange-sized balls from the dough. Flatten the ball on the table-top to a thickness of 0.5cm using a roller.
- Cut circles into the dough with a pastry cutter.
- Place some of the almond-sugar mix at the centre of each circle. Bring the edges of the circle together and press to close completely.
- Fry in pre-heated oil until colour changes. Drain the excess oil, then roll in fine sugar.