Lemon Cream Pudding
Makes 8–10 servings
- Beat the eggs, sugar and salt together. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in the hot milk and mix into the egg mixture until combined.
- Place the Lemon Creams into the base of a two-litre ovenproof dish.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the biscuits. Sprinkle with the raisins, if desired, and leave to stand for 10–15 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 180°C for 25–30 minutes. Sprinkle with the toasted coconut just before serving. The pudding is best served soon after baking.
Note: This is a warm pudding that takes on the distinctive flavour of the cream in the biscuits used. Nowadays, there are many more varieties to choose from than the familiar lemon version, so experiment as you please.