Ingredients310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Flour
310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Breakfast Oats
310 ml (1 ¼ cups) Coconut
185 ml ( ¾ cups) Huletts White Sugar
20 ml (4 tsp) Huletts Golden Syrup
125 ml ( ½ cup) Butter OR Margarine
5 ml (1 tsp) Bicarbonate of Soda
45–60 ml Boiling Water
- Combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the Huletts Golden Syrup and butter together. Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture.
- Mix together with the dry ingredients.
- Press the mixture into a Swiss Roll tin (or for a thicker crunchie, bake in a square 20 cm x 20 cm tin) and bake for 20 minutes at 150°C. Gently press down the sides if they seem to rise too much.
- When light brown, remove from the oven and cut into squares. Switch off the oven. Return the crunchies to the oven for about 10 minutes to dry out.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin.