Caramel Pecan Buns
Ingredients15 ml (1 T) Dry Yeast
125 ml (½ C) Warm Water
375 ml (1½C)Warm Milk
125 g Margarine
10 ml (2 t) Salt
125 ml (½ C) HULETTS White Sugar
2 Extra Large Eggs
1750 ml (7 C) Cake Flour
125 g Butter
125 ml (½ C) HULETTS Castor Sugar
30 ml (2 T) Ground Cinnamon
250 ml (1C) Pecan Nuts – chopped
125 ml (½ C) HULETTS Treacle Sugar
125 g Butter
100 ml HULETTS Caramel Syrup
- Dissolve yeast in warm water with a pinch of sugar.
- Warm the milk, add margarine, salt, sugar, eggs and whisk all together.
- Place the flour in a large bowl, make a well in centre.
- Add the yeast and the milk mixture to the flour and knead well for 10 minutes by hand (3 minutes in an electric mixer).
- Cover and allow to rise until double in bulk. Knock back. Cut in half.
- Roll out dough into 2 oblong sheets. Cream butter and sugar together.
- Spread over the dough.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nuts.
- Roll up as for a Swiss roll and cut into 4 cm slices.
- Place on a greased baking tray and allow to rise until double in size.
- Bake at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with the caramel glazing.
- Place all ingredients in a small saucepan and heat while stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes.