Almond Flavoured Cupcakes
Makes 36 cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Beat eggs and castor sugar together until thick and creamy.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into egg and sugar mixture.
- Add the ground almonds.
- Heat milk and butter together, but do not boil.
- Add almond essence.
- Stir into batter.
- Spoon into 36 paper cups.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until done.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Remove from paper cups and place into new paper cups (optional).
- Whip the cream together with the castor sugar and Frangelico liqueur until stiff.
- Decorate each cupcake with a dollop of flavoured whipped fresh cream and a glacé cherry.