Balsamic Treacle Chicken with Garlic Couscous
For the chicken:
4 chicken breast fillets
60ml balsamic vinegar
125ml chicken stock
30ml (2T) Huletts Treacle Sugar
1 garlic clove, crushed
For the garlic couscous:
300ml chicken stock
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
30ml (2T) fresh parsley, roughly chopped
30ml (2T) red pepper, finely chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken fillets in a shallow dish, mix the balsamic vinegar, chicken stock, sugar and garlic together and pour over the chicken. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes on each side.
- To make the garlic couscous, place the couscous in a bowl, heat the chicken stock and bring to the boil, pour over the couscous. Cover tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and allow to stand for 5 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir through with a fork.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan over medium to low heat. Add the garlic, parsley and pepper and lightly fry for 2-3 minutes or until the garlic is transparent. Add the couscous and allow to cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Season and set aside.
- To cook the chicken, preheat a greased frying pan over medium to high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the pan, cooking for 4-6 minutes on each side. Season to taste.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook the chicken for a further 1-2 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced. (Be careful not to overcook)
- Place the couscous on serving plates and top with the chicken and pan sauce.
- Serve with steamed beans or other greens (optional).