Banana and Syrup Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
125 g butter
150 g (¾ cup) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
2 extra-large eggs, beaten
30 ml (2 T) plain yoghurt
4 large ripe bananas, mashed
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Golden Syrup
45 ml (3 T) full cream milk
250 g cake flour
5 ml (1 t) bicarbonate of soda
3 ml (½ t) salt
30 g almond flakes
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line a 23 cm loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Add vanilla essence, eggs, yoghurt, mashed bananas, syrup and milk and mix well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together. Fold into the banana mixture until well blended.
- Pour into prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the almond flakes over the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool in loaf tin for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.