Banana, Apricot & Raisin Loaf
Makes 1 loaf
For the loaf:
3 ripe bananas
Juice of ½ lemon
110 g butter or margarine
60 g (cup) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
2 extra large eggs, beaten
1 ml (pinch) salt
210 g (1 ½ cup) self-raising four
50 g dried apricots, finely chopped
50 g raisins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Mash the bananas and the lemon juice together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Lightly beat in the eggs and salt until just combined.
- Fold in the flour alternately with the banana. Stir in the apricots and raisins.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 50 - 60 minutes until golden brown, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.