Makes enough marinade for 1.5kg - 2kg ribs
1 rack of ribs (800g – 1kg), parboiled in seasoned water (can be beef, mutton or pork)
250 ml (1 cup) Cola fizzy drink
60 ml (¼ cup) Huletts Molasses
60 ml (¼ cup) tomato sauce
5 ml (1 t) garlic, crushed
3 ml (½ t) salt
3 ml (½ t) ground black pepper
3 ml (½ t) mixed herbs
- Pre boil the rack of ribs in seasoned water for approximately 30 minutes while gently boiling.
- Place the Cola fizzy drink in a bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and gently whisk until the Huletts molasses has dissolved.
- Place the rack of pre boiled ribs on a grill pan.
- Carefully spoon or brush the marinade over the ribs, a little at a time ensuring that the surface of the meat is covered.
- Place the grill pan under the grill in the oven, keep applying the marinade at intervals, until the surface is sticky and golden.
- Turn the rack of ribs over and repeat the application of marinade while grilling the underside.
- Serve with chips, garlic bread or salad.
Additional spices and herbs can be added according to your taste.