Berry Compote with Yoghurt & Treacle
For the base:
500 g mixed frozen berries
375 ml (11/2 C) Huletts White Sugar
2 extra large egg whites
125 ml (1/2 C) Huletts Castor Sugar
5 ml (1 t) corn flour
5 ml (1 t) white vinegar
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Treacle Sugar
500 ml (2 C) Greek yoghurt
40 tiny meringues
- Preheat the oven to 150 ˚C.
- Place the berries and the Huletts White Sugar in a pot and cook until the mixture just starts to thicken.
- To make the meringues, beat the egg whites until stiff and then add the Huletts Castor Sugar slowly.
- Add the corn flour and vinegar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag with a 5 mm round nozzle and pipe tiny 1 cm dollops onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool in oven.
- To assemble, layer the berry compote and the yoghurt.
- Sprinkle Huletts Treacle Sugar over each layer of yoghurt.
- Top with the meringues.