Visual Wedding Cake Ideas
For a traditional bride and a modern bride (with a love for fruit cake)
These cakes were made by using a traditional fruit cake recipe and each cake is covered with plastic icing and other decorations.
Makes 2 x 23 cm round cakes
Boiled Fruit Cake
1,5kg dried fruit cake mix
- Place all ingredients together in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and boil together for 20 minutes over a low heat. Leave to cool.
Ingredients6 x 250ml (6 cups) flour
15ml baking powder
10ml mixed spice
3 eggs, beaten
10ml vanilla essence
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to the cooled fruit mixture.
- Add the beaten eggs and essences.
- Mix until all the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake pans and bake for 3 hours at 150ºC until done.
- Leave to cool completely before turning out.
Did you know?
The cutting of the cake symbolises the bride and groom cutting the ties with their families and now starting their own new unit.