Cappuccino and Chocolate Layer Cake
Serves ± 10 - 12
For the genoise sponge:
12 extra large eggs
380 g Huletts Castor Sugar
320 g flour
60 g cocoa powder
50 g butter, melted
For the icing:
1 x 250 g pack Huletts Cappuccino Flavoured Icing
250 g Huletts Icing Sugar
250 g butter, to make icings above
freshly roasted coffee beans and chocolate discs, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a 18 x 24 cm baking tray with silicon paper.
- Whisk the eggs and castor sugar to a thick sabayon.
- Lightly sift the flour and cocoa powder together.
- Melt butter and gently fold the flour and butter into the sabayon and pour mixture into the baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes depending on your oven or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool cut out 2 similar sized rounds (or squares) of the sponge.
- Mix the cappuccino and plain icing sugars together.
- Beat the butter with an electric beater until light and fluffy. Gradually add the mixed icing sugar, beating well after each addition. Add a few drops of water and beat well.
- Use a palette knife or a piping bag to ice the cake.
- Decorate with roasted coffee beans and chocolate discs, if desired.