Ingredients125 ml (½ cup) soft margarine
500 ml (2 cups) Huletts Icing Sugar
10 ml (2 t) Moir's Vanilla Essence
5 ml (1 t) Moir's Lemon Essence
1 egg, well beaten
1 packet Marie biscuits, crushed
100 g Moir's Glacé Cherries
125 ml (½ cup) Moir's Desiccated Coconut
- Beat margarine and icing sugar together. Add essence and beaten egg and mix well.
- Add crushed biscuits and cherries and mix.
- Sprinkle half of the coconut evenly over a greased baking sheet 25 x 20 x 5 cm.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the sprinkled coconut. Flatten the top with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle the rest of the coconut over.
- Place in fridge to set. Cut into 20 even squares (5 x 5 cm). Store in an airtight container until required.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 1.50|
|Total expenses:||R 46.74|
|Recommended profit:||R 23.26|
|Recommended selling price per square:
(R70.00 divided by 20)
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|