Ingredients200 g butter
110 g (125 ml) Huletts Castor Sugar
2 extra-large eggs, beaten
350 g (625 ml) self-raising flour
100 g red glacé cherries,
chopped into small pieces
250 ml plain yoghurt
125 ml condensed milk
125 g plain smooth
12 cherries, chopped
25 ml Huletts Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Stir in the cherries until coated with the flour.
- Add the dry mixture, yoghurt and condensed milk to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Turn into a greased 23 cm loaf pan lined with baking paper and bake for about 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Mix the ingredients for the topping together (do not over mix) and spread onto loaf.
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 4.00|
|Total expenses:||R 72.74|
|Recommended profit:||R 37.26|
|Recommended selling price per cherry loaf:||R110|
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|