Chicken and Pineapple Curry
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Molasses
500 g chicken fillets cubed
410 ml (1 can) coconut milk
50 g (1 packet) red curry paste
6 - 8 lime leaves
60 ml (¼ cup) fish sauce
250 ml (1 cup) good quality chicken stock
375 ml (1½ cups) pineapple, cubed
salt to taste
- Place the Huletts Molasses and chicken cubes in a large mixing bowl, stirring well to coat the chicken cubes. Set aside and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Tip: If the Huletts Molasses isn’t runny enough to coat the chicken, heat it briefly in the microwave.
- In a large pot, bring the coconut milk to the boil. Add the curry paste while stirring until well incorporated.
- Add the lime leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken cubes, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. – this should only take a couple of minutes.
- Add the pineapple cubes and heat through.
- Taste and season with salt if required.
- Spoon the hot curry onto warm jasmin rice and garnish with coriander, thai basil and chillies. Serve lime wedges on the side.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed jasmine rice, coriander leaves, Thai basil leaves, sliced red chillies, and lime wedges