Chilli Orange Syrup Glazed Chicken
8 deboned chicken thighs
15 ml (1T) orange zest
80 ml (⅓ cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
30 ml (2 T) Huletts golden syrup
1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
15 ml (1T) Paprika, smoked
5 ml (1 t) ground cumin
10 ml (2t) fresh coriander, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Thread the chicken onto long skewer sticks. Place chicken in a heavy-based flameproof baking dish.
- Combine the zest, juice, Huletts golden syrup, chilli, paprika, cumin, coriander and garlic in a large bowl. Pour the marinade over the chicken and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cover the chicken in the marinade with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for a further 25 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, salad, crusty bread or vegetables.
Freezes well. You can increase the heat by leaving the seeds in the chilli.