Chocolate Chip Biscuits
Makes 60 - 80 depending on size of the cutters
250 g butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line baking sheets with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and pale yellow in colour. Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence and chopped chocolate chips.
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Fold into the butter mixture carefully to form a soft dough that is firm enough to roll out. Allow the dough to rest for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 4mm. Cut with heart shape cookie cutters.
- Place them on the lined baking sheets. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the biscuits with castor sugar as soon as they are removed from the oven. Allow the biscuits to cool slightly on the baking sheets before placing them onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.