Chocolate Crumpet Stack with Seasonal Berries, Ice Cream and Huletts Chocolate Syrup
Makes 12 Crumpets
1 extra large egg
20ml (4t) Huletts white sugar
10ml (2t) Huletts Chocolate syrup
5ml (1t) vanilla essence
125ml (½ cup) full cream milk
15ml (1T) melted butter
250ml (1 c) cake wheat flour - sifted
3 ml (½t) salt
15ml (1T) cocoa powder
10ml (2t) baking powder
90 ml (6T) water
- Beat the egg, Huletts white sugar, Huletts chocolate syrup and vanilla essence together.
- Add the milk and melted butter.
- Add the flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Gradually stir in the water to make a smooth batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture onto a hot greased pan.
- When air bubbles start to appear, turn over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
- Stack the crumpets with sliced berries and cream. Serve with Huletts chocolate syrup and ice cream.
Ice-cream or cream
Fresh seasonal berries
Huletts Chocolate syrup to taste