Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes
Makes ±24 cupcakes
For the base
±24x chocolate cupcakes (shop bought or see our
Cup Cakes Seasons recipe).
±150 ml chocolate ganache (shop bought or see our
Lightly Flavoured Orange Cake with Chocolate Ganache recipe).
For the Meringue Topping
260 g (1¼ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
150g egg whites (±4 extra-large eggs)
1 ml (pinch) of salt
- Using a sharp knife, cut out a shallow round from the top of each cupcake and fill with a teaspoon of chocolate ganache.
- Meringue topping: Place the castor sugar, egg whites and salt in a heatproof bowl (stainless steel) and place over a pot of gently simmering water.
- Mix until the sugar dissolves (heat until body temperature is reached).
- Remove from heat and whisk on high speed until the mixture is stiff.
- Place the meringue in a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe a swirl on top of each cupcake.
- Top with chocolate shavings.