120 g butter
30 ml (2 T) Huletts White Sugar
250 ml (1 cup) water
1 ml (pinch) salt
250 ml (1 cup) bread flour
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
3 extra large eggs
sunflower oil, for deep frying
15 ml (1 T) ground cinnamon
105 g (½ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
250 g (1 packet) Huletts Chocolate Flavoured Icing
1 litre vanilla ice cream or flavour of your choice
- 3 x 12 - hole mini muffin trays
- Turn muffin trays upside down. Using cooking spray, spray every other mould to make them non-stick. Set aside.
- Place the butter, Huletts White Sugar, water and salt in a medium -sized saucepan over medium heat, while stirring with a wooden spoon until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the flour to the butter mixture a little at a time, while stirring, until well combined and a buttery dough has formed.
- Remove from the heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one at time, stirring well after each addition, until well incorporated into the dough and smooth.
- Scoop the dough into a piping bag and pipe cup shapes around the greased moulds, starting from the bottom up.
- Freeze trays overnight (or for at least for 4 hours) to allow the dough to solidify.
- Fill a deep fryer with vegetable oil and heat to 190°C.
- Remove the churro cups from the cupcake molds and fry in batches (frozen, straight from the freezer), drain on paper towels.
- In a deep bowl, mix the cinnamon and Huletts Castor Sugar together.
- Prepare the Huletts Chocolate Flavoured Icing as per the packet instructions.
- Coat the warm churro cups with the cinnamon sugar.
- Serve the churro bowls filled with a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of Huletts Chocolate Flavoured Icing.