Eclairs Filled With Coffee Cream
Makes ± 12 éclairs
For the Choux Pastry:
500 ml water
150 g butter
300 g flour
7 extra large eggs
For the Coffee Cream Filling:
300 ml fresh cream
½ pack (125 g) Huletts Cappuccino Flavoured Icing Sugar
125 g butter
melted chocolate, to coat éclairs
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Grease and line a large baking tray.
- Combine the water and butter in a saucepan and gently heat (do not allow to boil) until the butter has melted.
- Add the flour all at once and beat with a wooden spoon over heat until mixture forms a ball and comes away from the sides. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Using an electric beater add eggs one at a time until mixture becomes smooth and glossy and is of dropping consistency.
- Place mixture into a piping bag with a number 12 nozzle and pipe long shapes onto prepared baking tray.
- Smooth the ends of the éclairs with a finger dipped in water.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- To decorate éclairs, dip the top of the éclairs into the melted chocolate and place on a foil covered wire rack to dry.
- Coffee cream filling: Whisk the cream to a stiff peak stage and fold in the Huletts Cappuccino Flavoured Icing Sugar.
- Pipe and sandwich the éclairs together with the coffee cream filling.