Makes ± 35 crunchies
300g (375ml) Huletts White Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Melt the sugar, butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Stir in the beaten egg and bicarbonate of soda. (The mixture will foam.)
- Mix the oats, coconut, cake flour and salt together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 40 x 30cm oven pan and press down evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into even squares and leave to cool completely.
Hint: To keep the crunchies crispy, store in an airtight container