Cucumber and Fennel Tumble
2 cucumbers, ends trimmed
1 large fennel bulb
15 ml (1 T) white wine vinegar
15 ml (1 T) Huletts Castor Sugar
salt and pepper, to taste
100 g feta cheese
a handful of fresh ﬂat leaf parsley, chopped
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthways and use a teaspoon to scrape out seeds.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the cucumber into ribbons. Place in a serving bowl.
- Slice off any fronds from the fennel bulb and reserve. Halve the fennel through its core and cut out and discard the hard central core. Slice fennel very thinly and add to cucumber.
- In a small bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar and season to taste. Add to the vegetable mixture and toss well.
- Crumble over the feta and parsley and toss lightly.
Note: Salad can be made up to 3 hours ahead, omit adding the parsley or fronds until just before serving and toss together.