Dainty Darling Cheesecakes
For the Base:
200 g tennis biscuits
100 g butter, meltedFilling:
900 g(4 cups) cream cheese
260 g(1¼ cup) Huletts Castor Sugar
3 extra large eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk
45 ml(3 T) cake flour
5 ml(1 t) vanilla essence
250 ml(1 cup) sour cream
For the Topping:
125 ml(½cup) sour cream
15 ml(1 T) lemon juice
15 ml(1 T) Huletts Castor Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC.
- For the base, blend the biscuits until fine and add the melted butter.
- Grease 10 - 12 x mini round loose bottom cake tins and press crumbs in a thin layer on the base only.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Set oven to 200 ºC.
- For the filling, using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese until soft, add the sugar and flour, add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add the vanilla essence and the sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture on top of the prepared bases.
- Bake for 10 minutes, reduce oven temperature to 140 ºC and bake for a further 30 minutes.Switch off the oven and leave cakes in oven to cool.
- To make the topping, mix the sour cream, lemon juice and sugar together.
- Spread a layer of topping on top and of the cooled cakes and serve.