Dark Chocolate Cookies
Makes ± 24 cookies, depending on size
250 g butter, softened
5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
300 g (1½ cups) Huletts Caramel Sugar
2 extra large eggs
140 g (1 cup) cake wheat flour
140 g (1 cup) self-raising wheat flour
125 ml (½ cup) cocoa powder
125 ml (½ cup) desiccated coconut
250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160⁰C. Grease and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Place the butter, vanilla essence and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat on medium to high speed until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flours and cocoa together and fold into the egg mixture.
- Lastly fold in the coconut and chocolate.
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto the baking sheet. Allow room for spreading.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
Hints & tips:
- For extra chocolate indulgence, decorate the cookies with chocolate chips before baking.
- A crumbled cookie is a delicious and different topping on a large cake.
- As the size of the cookies can be varied, one large individually wrapped cookie makes a very special gift for a loved one on Valentine’s Day, for a school teacher or as a thank you gift. It can also be a fun gift to give to wedding guests to take home.