Easy Easter Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 Cake
250ml (1 cup) cake flour
- Grease a cake pan suitable for microwave baking.
- In a mixing bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together and mix.
- Beat the eggs, vanilla essence and oil together and mix in with dry ingredients.
- Add the water and mix until the batter is lump-free.
- Bake in microwave oven for 8 - 10 minutes on the highest setting.
- Remove from microwave oven and leave to rest for 2 - 3 minutes before turning out.
- Alternatively - preheat oven to 180° C and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Leave to cool completely before icing the cake.
For the Glacé Icing
- Sift the Huletts Icing Sugar and cocoa together. Add soft margarine and vanilla essence.
- Pour in boiling water and beat well. Spread over cooled cake immediately and leave to rest.
- Decorate as desired.