Makes 48 blocks
1 x 385 g can Clover Condensed Milk
- Place all the ingredients except the vanilla essence in a heavy bottomed pot.
- Place on medium to low heat and stir continuously until the sugar had dissolved and the mixture starts to boil.
- Boil softly for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and leave for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add vanilla essence and beat until smooth.
- Pour into two greased 23 x 33 cm square pans.
- Leave to cool slightly and mark blocks with a sharp knife. Do not cut through.
- Leave to set completely and then cut through.
WHAT THE JUDGES SAID: "Economical, not too sweet, good mouth feel and pleasant colour..."
Estimated costing, mark-up & suggested selling price
|Electricity / refrigeration:||R 3.00|
|Total expenses:||R 48.63|
|Recommended profit:||R 37.77|
|Recommended selling price per block of fudge (R86.40 divided by 48 blocks):||R 1.80|
|*Should you use serviettes or paper plates for packaging, remember to include this in your cost|