Festive Sponge Cake
A festive sponge cake: an ideal contribution for a guest to take along to the Christmas lunch.
Ingredients1 layer sponge cake of your choice
1 x 500g bag fozen mixed berries
80ml Huletts White Sugar
Huletts Icing Sugar for dusting
- Place sugar and half cup water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring continuously.
- Leave on the boil until the sugar is syrupy. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the fruit and make sure the fruits are well coated with the syrup.
- Package and sell the fruit in a separate container so that the customer can assemble their own cake at home.
- Add a note about the dusting with icing sugar.
Note: A 500g bag berries makes enough compote for 3-4 cakes