Fresh Apricot Tart
Serves 4 - 6
1 roll ready-made puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roll out the pastry and place in a greased tart pan (20cm diameter) allowing the pastry to drape over the sides. Place in the refrigerator.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the stones. Place in a bowl and toss with the sugar and vanilla extract.
- Place the apricots on the prepared pastry and dot with butter. Fold the draping pastry over the top of the filling, leaving the centre exposed.
- Whisk the egg with 1 teaspoon of water and brush over pastry.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the tart is golden.
- Top with almond slithers and dust with icing sugar.
- Serve with cream or ice cream (optional).