Frozen Custard – Gluten and Dairy Free
Serves 4 - Recipe can easily be doubled.
25 ml (5 t) Corn flour
375 ml (1.5 c) Soy milk
3 ex large egg yolks
30 ml (2 T) Huletts Castor Sugar
80 ml (⅓ c) pecan nuts
1.5 T Huletts Maple Syrup
- 4 x 125 ml capacity moulds
- Combine corn flour with ¼ cup soy milk in a microwave proof bowl or jug. Stir until smooth. Stir in remaining milk.
- Microwave on medium high for 1 to 2 minutes until hot (do not allow to boil). Set aside.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a large microwave bowl and beat using an electric mixer until thick and pale. Add the milk mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Microwave on medium high for 1½ minutes and stir. Microwave for a further 1½ minutes or until custard is thick.
- Pour custard into moulds and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in freezer for 2 - 3 hours or until just frozen.
- Place the pecan nuts between 2 sheets of paper towel on a microwave plate.
- Microwave on low for 2 – 3 minutes or until just toasted. (Watch as nuts burn easily). Cool and chop into small pieces.
- Combine the pecans and maple syrup in a small jug.
- To serve: run a knife around the inside of each mould and turn the custards out onto serving plates.
- Top the custards with the maple pecans.