Decorated Ginger Biscuits
Makes ± 100 biscuits, depending on size
375 ml (1½ cups) fresh cream, slightly whipped
500 g (2 ½ cups) Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
30 ml (2 T) bicarbonate of soda
15 ml (1 T) ground ginger
10 ml (2 t) ground cinnamon
460 g (1¹/3 cups) Huletts Molasses
1.260 kg (9 cups) cake flour
2 extra large egg whites
1 ml (pinch) cream of tartar
10 ml (2 t) water
390 g (3 cups) Huletts Icing Sugar, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on low speed until well combined.
- Shape dough into golf ball-sized balls. Place on a greased baking sheet ±6cm apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown. Allow biscuits to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the icing: Mix all the ingredients together to form a smooth paste.
- Place in a piping bag and decorate biscuits as desired.