Makes 9 dozen biscuits
1375ml (770 g) cake flour
- Mix the flour, cream of tartar, ginger and salt together.
- Add the sugar to the flour mixture.
- Rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat syrup and eggs together.
- Dissolve the bicarbonate of soda in the milk. Beat in the egg and syrup mixture and add to the dry ingredients, mix to a firm dough.
- Cover with plastic and leave in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Roll dough into small balls, place onto greased baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.