Serves 8 - 10
1 x Gammon, with or without the bone
2 Bay leaves
1 Onion, peeled and quartered
6 Whole cloves
Extra cloves to stud
125ml (½ cup) Apricot jam, melted
375ml (1 ½ cups) Huletts Brown Sugar
- Place the gammon in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add the bay leaves, peppercorns, onion and 6 cloves to the po
- Boil the gammon for 20 minutes per 500g plus an additional 20 minutes.
- Once the required boiling time is up, remove the gammon from the water and allow to cool.
- Carefully remove the skin, leaving the fat on the gammon.
- Score the fat with a sharp knife to make a diamond pattern and insert a clove into each square.
- Place the gammon on an oven tray and using a pastry brush, paint the melted apricot jam over the scored gammon
- Carefully sprinkle the Huletts Brown Sugar over the gammon and gently pat down.
- Bake at 180°C until caramelised.
Serve with vegetables or salad of choice. Freezes well.