Green Mango Atchar
Yields ±3-4 x 500 g jars
2 kg green mangoes, pitted and cut into strips coarse salt
750 ml(3 cups) sunflower oil
240 g Huletts SunSweet Brown Sugar
300 ml white vinegar
250 ml(1 cup) masala pickles
45 ml(3 T) garlic, crushed
45 ml(3 T) fresh ginger, grated
- On a flat surface, sprinkle the salt over the mango pieces and leave overnight.Rinse thoroughly under running cold water.
- Press mango dry with paper towel.
- Heat oil and add all ingredients except the mango.
- When boiling, add mango piece by piece.The oil should not stop boiling.
- Boil for 5 - 10 minutes whilst stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon into warm sterilized jars and seal.