Grilled Salmon with an Orange Chilli Glaze
60 ml (1/4 cup) freshly squeezed orange juice
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
30 ml (2 T) Huletts EquiSweet
3 ml (1/2 t) coarse salt
3 ml (1/2 t) ground black pepper
3 ml (1/2 t) sweet paprika
10 ml (2 t) olive oil
4 salmon fillets
10 ml (2 t) orange zest
- Place the orange juice, chilli, Huletts EquiSweet, salt, pepper, paprika and olive oil in a ziplock plastic bag, add the salmon and allow to marinate for 30 minutes
- Place a griddle on high heat.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade (reserving the marinade), and place on the griddle for 5 minutes on each side, while turning carefully.
- Mix half of the marinade with the orange zest and spoon over the top of the salmon fillets and caramalise under the grill
- Serve with salad, baby potatoes, or risotto
Can freeze. If you would like it slightly hotter, leave the seeds in the chilli when chopping.