Hazelnut & Chocolate Ganache Tarts
200g (1 C) Huletts White Sugar
2 extra large eggs
500g (21/2 C) cake flour
225g dark chocolate
60ml (1/4 C) cream
100g hazel nuts
50g dark chocolate for shavings
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ˚C.
2. Pastry: Combine the butter and Huletts White Sugar in a blender and while it is still running, add the eggs one at a time.
3. Add the cake flour and blend into a dough. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
4. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured surface. Cut the pastry into circles (3 mm) with a biscuit cutter and line 12 small greased patty pans and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. Bake the tart shells for 10 minutes, allow to cool.
6. Place the hazelnuts in a roasting pan and roast them for 5 minutes.
7. Place them in a dishcloth, rubbing them to remove the skins. Chop roughly.
8. Ganache: Place the chocolate and cream in double boiler and stir until melted.
9. Mix the nuts into the chocolate mixture and fill pastry shells.
10. To make the chocolate shavings: melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Pour onto a metal or marble surface and allow to set. Scrape a palette knife along the chocolate to form curled shavings. Decorate tarts with the chocolate curls.