Hazelnut Ice Cream
Serves 6 - 8
1 litre full cream milk
10 extra-large egg yolks
200 g (240 ml) Huletts Castor Sugar
100 g hazelnuts, chopped plus extra to serve
Amoretti biscuits, crumbed to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan, gently bring to the boil over a low to medium heat, remove and set aside.
- ln a large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- Gradually add the hot milk to the egg mixture while beating until all the milk is incorporated and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the custard back into the pan and place it over a low heat, whisking continuously, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Spread the hazelnuts on a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, or until golden.
- Leave the nuts to cool slightly, then place in a food processor and blitz to an oily paste. Whisk them into the warm custard, then leave it to cool completely.
- Pour the custard into an ice cream machine and process until smooth or freeze in a plastic container.
Serve scoops of the ice cream with the hazelnuts and amoretti biscuits scattered on top.