Kiwi Passion Fruit Syrup
Makes about 1 litre
1kg ripe kiwi fruit (± 12 kiwi fruits)
- Peel and coarsely chop the kiwi fruit.
- Halve the passion fruit, scoop out the seeds and flesh, and discard the skins.
- Puree the flesh of both fruits in a food processor or blender.
- Line a plastic sieve with a double layer of muslin.
- Strain the pulp through into a non-metallic bowl.
- Gather the corners of the muslin and lightly squeeze to extract all the juice possible.
- Measure the juice. For each 150ml juice, use 225g Huletts White Sugar.
- Pour the juice into a saucepan, add the sugar, and stir over a low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour into sterilised bottles, to within 3mm of the tops.
- Seal the bottles, label, and keep in the refrigerator.