Lemon and Ginger Semolina Mini Loaves
Makes 4 mini loaves
For the base:
165 ml (2/3 cup) sunflower oil
200 g (1 cup) Huletts White Sugar
3 extra large eggs, separated
1 lemon, zest and juice (for icing)
250 ml (1 cup) plain yoghurt
140 g (1 cup) self-raising wheat flour
170 g (1 cup) semolina
For the lemon icing:
45 ml (3 T) Huletts Icing Sugar
60 ml (4 T) ginger preserve, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Grease and line 4 mini loaf tins.
- Beat the oil, sugar, egg yolks, lemon zest and yoghurt together with an electric mixer.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the mixture is fully combined.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form and fold into the cake mixture.
- Divide the mixture equally between the loaf tins and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tins to rest for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of the lemon juice until a runny but not watery consistency is reached. Drizzle each cake with the lemon icing and sprinkle with ginger preserve.